We are currently hiring for these positions:
- Part-time Preschool Substitute Teacher
- Hourly Nursery Worker
Please see the information below for each position. If interested complete the application for the
position you are interested in and submit with your resume.
Preschool Substitute Teacher
Reports to: Preschool Director
· Must be a Christian and actively involved in a local church.
· Must have a commitment to Christian preschool education.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have at least two years of verifiable experience working in a regulated childcare center or preschool.
· Must possess knowledge of early childhood education and development.
· Must be CPR & First Aid certified.
· Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and perform physical tasks related to the job.
1. Demonstrate competency, good judgement, and self-control in the presence of children and when performing assigned responsibilities.
2. Relate to children with courtesy, respect, acceptance, and patience.
3. Recognize and respect the uniqueness and potential of all children and families.
4. Provide clear and consistent expectations for children’s behavior. Follow the discipline and guidance policies set forth by CVBC Preschool and childcare licensing minimum standards.
5. Plan and implement daily lesson plans and developmentally appropriate activities for children in accordance with our program’s curriculum.
6. Conduct assessments and assist the Director with Parent-Teacher conferences.
7. Keep anecdotal notes and work sampling on each child.
8. Provide and foster a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for children.
9. Supervise children at all times and know which children you are responsible for.
10. Interact with children in a positive manner.
11. Communicate daily and respectfully with all families and children.
12. Complete all classroom paperwork including food program forms and attendance reports.
13. Maintain a clean, attractive, and organized classroom.
14. Attend all required staff meetings, field trips, and preschool related functions.
15. Work as a team with other preschool staff to create a comfortable, cohesive work environment.
16. Uphold and follow all CVBC Preschool policies and procedures.
17. Know and comply with all state licensing minimum standards for childcare centers.
18. Obtain 24 clock hours of training annually as required by childcare licensing minimum standards.
19. Adhere to CVBC Preschool’s Child Protection Policy. Ensure that no child is abused, neglected, or exploited while in care. Report suspected abuse, neglect, and exploitation to DFPS.
20. Positively and professionally represent CVBC to preschool parents and the community.
21. Assist in other capacities determined necessary by the Director.
Part Time : Monday through Friday, 4 Hours per Day
Paid Bi-Weekly: $12 per Hour
Hourly Nursery Worker
nursery worker is to supervise the care and wellbeing of nursery age children
left in their care. The hourly nursery worker is responsible to the church
under the supervision of the Nursery Coordinator.
- Must have a personal relationship to Jesus Christ
- Character and reputation of a loving Christian caregiver
- Previous experience is desired
- Must love children
- Congenial in temperament
- Be a good role model for young children
- Neat and well groomed
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Be available for these specific times — Sunday School, Morning Worship, Discipleship Training; Evening worship, Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting, Choir Rehearsals & Night Visitation.
- Availability to work during other scheduled activities of the church, as need arises (VBS, Revivals, Bible Study Groups, WMU, etc.).
- Any problems or questions should be referred to the Nursery Coordinator.
- Workers should be in the nursery 15 minutes before time for the activity to begin. If no children are present, the nursery worker is guaranteed one (1) hour of work.
- Workers may leave as soon as the last child is picked up and the room is in order.
- If unable to work for any reason, worker should notify the Nursery Coordinator as soon as possible.
- If additional supplies are needed, notify the Nursery Coordinator.
- Will take the certification in neonatal and infant CPR.
- Teach age appropriate curriculum at this level.
Hours vary as needed.
Paid Bi-Weekly: Starting at $11 per hour